How Can We Help?

< Back
You are here:

What forms and contracts do we use?

What forms and contracts do we use?

Texas real estate license holders are required by law to use Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) promulgated contract forms in most cases. These forms are intended for use primarily by licensed real estate brokers or sales agents who are trained in their correct use. TREC does not promulgate listing or buyer representation agreements.

When a broker is helping their client sell or purchase real estate, they are required to use TREC forms and contracts. Real estate transactions always have the potential to turn adversarial. These forms are developed with the best interest of the consumer in mind. promulgated forms reduce legal costs, ease tension between parties, and accelerate lending, underwriting, closing, and funding activities.

Notice: This website contains general information about possible legal and financial matters. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such. You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to legal or financial advice from your attorney, accountant or other professional legal services provider. If you have any specific questions about any legal and financial matter you should consult your attorney, accountant or other professional legal services provider